Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, August 2, 2010

Week 30: Clones

Photo of the Week
Week 30 Assignment: Clones

I wanted to have a little fun this week, So..I cloned myself. I figured if there were more of me I could get a lot more done, or at least, talk to myself and not be too crazy.

I have seen a few photos like this where the people cloned themselves a few times and I thought they were very interesting and unique. I had always wondered how they were made and until I decided to give it a try, thought it was difficult. But, to my surprise, I found that they are quite easy to create.

To create a clone collage of yourself, you need to know a little about Photoshop and layers. First, take photos of yourself in multiple location in a scene, without moving the camera. Next, open the photo where you are furthest back in the photo and add the remaining photos as layers on top of this photo in order from furthest back to closes to the camera. Next, except for the bottom photo, erase all of the photos leaving only yourself to remain in each of them. If the layers are set up correctly, the remaining collection of photos should give you something similar to the above photo. Cloning was fun, and who wouldn't want an extra Fred or two to have around.

Coming Next:
Week 31 Assignment: Twilight Real Estate Photography

3 comments:

  1. Very cool man. I have wanted to try this, but don't have inspiration on where to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I need to try this too.

    ReplyDelete