Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Week 14: HDR - 2nd Look














Photos of the Week

Week 14 Assignment: HDR (2nd Look)

I decided to revisit HDR (High Dynamic Range) again this week after I attended an afternoon seminar on HDR last week. This seminar exposed me to a piece of software that I had heard about before but did not have any experience or much knowledge about, Photomatix. Photomatix does a far better job of creating HDR images, or an HDR look, which can be more on the artistic side, than what I have used before with Photoshop CS3. CS5 is coming out shortly, which is supposed to do a much better job than previous versions, but for now, Photomatix creates exactly the look I have been looking for.

The first photo may look familiar, it is the same photo from week 2 that has been redone using PhotoMatix. I will let you be the judge of which looks better. The rest of the photos have been taken in different settings and under different lighting conditions (i.e. direct sun, overcast, shade). In each case, I took at least 3 photos, bracketed at 2 stops over & under standard exposure. I then combined the 3 photos in Photomatix with minimal adjustments. This is a new software for me, so by the time I get to HDR - 3rd Look, I hope to have it mastered.

Coming Next:
Week 15 Assignment: Sunsets





No comments:

Post a Comment