Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 19: New Lens












Photos of the Week
Week 19 Assignment: New Lens

This week was a little exciting because I needed a new lens to shoot real estate photography, but as with any lens, it can be used for some creative shooting also. I needed a much wider angle lens than what I currently had, and with some research, found one best suited for my needs (luckily it was not the most expensive one out there. The new lens is a Sigma 10-20 super wide angle zoom lens, a favorite for Real Estate photographers.

The photos this week contain a few real estate photos along with some random things I found in downtown Tacoma. The wagon wheel and bowling pins were from an antique store and I was literally only a few inches away from them to get so much in the shot. It is almost surreal looking thru the lens and moving in closer to get the composition you like and then realize you are almost touching the object with the lens. I guess I will have to be careful about that. The last few images are some neat, colorful walls and storefronts I found; from the old time painted mural advertisements, to the "artistic" grafitti garage, to the colorful Orange store that looked like it belongs in Jamaica or somewhere in the Caribbean. You have to love the color.

Coming Next:
Week 20 Assignment: Signs







No comments:

Post a Comment