Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Week 18: Saved from the Archives







Photos of the Week
Week 18 Assignment: Saved from the Archives

This week I wanted to do something a little different and instead of taking new photos, I decided to search through some old images on the hard drives and bring them to light. I have found as a photographer who takes many thousands of images each year, there are many great images that nobody gets to see but myself. I guess not everything can make it into a print or onto a website, but I am going to try to change that.

The horse racing photos are from a few years back, in 2006, when I tried to go to the Emerald Downs track at least once a year. I have missed the last couple, but am sure to make it down this year. It is a lot of fun to make some cheap bets on your favorite horse, mine just happened to be #7 this race. I love to take action panning shots showing a lot of motion, while trying to keep the subject in focus. This is a technique that takes a lot of practice, and it is always a nice surprise when one turns out the may you like.

The first image is from a seperate race, but I really liked how it turned out. The motion of the lights and all the horses legs in motion and in the air. The next five images are from my #7 horses race showing progression towards the finish line and winning the race. Always a good day at the track when you have a winner.


Coming Next:
Week 19 Assignment: New Lens!


No comments:

Post a Comment