Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Week 9: Textures





Photos of the Week
Week 9 Assignment: Textures

This week I chose textures, mainly because I thought they would be fun. Textures can be used for simple art and they can also be made into a fun game of "guess the texture".

Trying to find ideas of textures to photograph can be a little overwhelming, even though you can actually photograph just about anything. For me, I decided to break it down into colors and their compliments. This helped me to choose a direction and narrowed down what to photograph. I chose the three primary colors; red, yellow, and blue, then found their complements; green, purple, and orange. The fourth, I chose to do black and white, but also have the textures themselves complement each other. If you can guess the textures you win a gold star.

Coming Next:
Week 10 Assignment: Travel Photography-Seattle

No comments:

Post a Comment