Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Week 10: Travel Photography-Seattle












Photos of the Week
Week 10 Assignment: Travel Photography - Seattle

This week I wanted to try a little Travel Photography, without actually traveling. I live near Seattle, but for many people each year, they choose Seattle as the destination of their travels. For me, this makes for a good place to start with my first Travel Photography segment.

Taking travel-type photos of the place that you live can be a challenge. You see it almost every day so it can be tough to get a fresh perspective on places or things that may be unique to the city you know so well. I decided to include a couple "icons" of Seattle, some of which most people outside of Seattle may not know about.

The first icon is the Fremont Troll, which is very unique to the city of Seattle. Seattle is quite artsy and full of many original pieces created by local artists. The Troll is one of my favorites and is included on many of the scenic tours of Seattle.
The second, of course, is the Space Needle. I decided to show it in the background of a piece from the new Sculpture park. I have photographed the Needle many times, so this time I tried to show it a little differently.
Third is the Fishermans Terminal. The fishing industry is pretty big in Seattle, all the fresh seafood you can handle, with many of the Alaskan fishing boats docking here for the winters.
Fourth, something you may not recognize, is the Starbucks Siren. Seattle is known largely for its coffee, Starbucks, being the largest of many coffee companies in the area. Seattle's Best or Tully's you many also recognize. (Tully's actually took over the Ranier Brewery building.)
Fifth, is not an icon, per se, but you can see how some icons are recreated and used to help many businesses in the Seattle area. Also, the name of the store goes nicely with the name of my blog.

Coming Next:
Week 11 Assignment: Lighting - Diffusion




No comments:

Post a Comment