Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Week 27: Wildlife Photography









Photos of the Week
Week 27 Assignment: Wildlife Photography

I had an opportunity this week to do some wildlife photography in my own backyard. We have a family of Raccoons in one of our trees, a mother and three babies. The little nest they made in the tree just happened to be the same height as the roof of our house and quite close. I was able to situate myself on the corner of the roof of the house and probably only 15 feet away from the raccoons. They were feeding and playing for quite some time, which allowed me to take many photos and even some video (which I may post later) of their activities. The raccoon can do a lot of damage and be quite dangerous, but they sure are cute. Heather was confronted with them yesterday in the backyard, which scared her a bit, but the raccoons didn't seem to be scared of her at all and came very close to her (she says too close). If they only killed moles, they could solve a different problem in our backyard.

Coming Next:
Week 28 Assignment: Sports Photography-Tennis

No comments:

Post a Comment