Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Week 23: Sports-Cycling











Photos of the Week
Week 23 Assignment: Sports Photography - Cycling

This week I got back to shooting something I really enjoy doing, which is action sports. I decided to do some pro bono work for the Senior NW Games to provide them with some great photos of some of their events. This week it was cycling time trials. The key to getting great sports action shots is location and timing. It is always helpful to scout locations prior to the event so you know when and where to be to get the shots you want. For this event, I wanted to get a few at the start and finish, but the majority of what I was looking for were fast panning shots.

The first couple shots are a cyclist starting and then your average action shot. The next batch of shots are panning shots that show action and motion. It took me a number of shots to dial in the camera and flash settings, but once I did I was able to capture the shots I wanted. The final shot is of the corner I took most of the shots, except from the other side of the cyclist. I also like the panoramic view showing the whole 180 degree turn. All in all, a fun day of shooting.

Coming Next:
Week 24 Assignment: Sports Photography - Swimming


No comments:

Post a Comment