Welcome to Simply Fred!
I will be posting photos from my favorite and latest Real Estate photo shoots.
Also, occasionally posting random photos of stuff that makes me happy or was just fun to shoot.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Week 7: Architecture







Photos of the Week

Week 7 Assignment: Architecture

I have always been very interested in Architecture and the beauty a building or structure can create. Architecture is an art and every person has their preference on what they like, for me, it is Modern Architecture.

I have chosen three photos of the week with different aspects of architecture:
The first is structural architecture in the Vancouver Olympic Torch. I had the opportunity to make it up to Vancouver over the weekend, which is only 3 hours away. I am pretty sure I will never live closer to an Olympics than this one, so I made it a point to go check it out. The Torch looks like four ice crystals forming a pyramid with the flame on the top. I tried to capture it at dusk with the sunset in the scenic mountains in the background.

The second is a nice Modern building, the Boeing Museum of Flight hanger, which is a lot of metal and glass, always beautiful. The third is another variation on the Museum of Flight with the older, "Red Barn" Boeing office building in the foreground in juxtaposition with the hanger in the background to give you two styles of architecture, older and newer, classic and modern, in one image.

Coming Next:
Week 8 Assignment: Senior Portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment